Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I own the piece of road in front of my property it's on my

Customer Question

I own the piece of road in front of my property it's on my deeds. It's basically my spare parking space. I've put a sign asking no one to park there as it's a private space, am I within my legal rights to do this?
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 9 months ago.

You can put up a sign. Are you experiencing problems with your land and people parking in the space?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The piece of land I own is part of the road in the cul de sac directly in front of my home . Most keep clear as to not Block my driveway but my neighbor has taken to parking where I have put up my no parking sign . I just wanted to check I have the right to ask them to move

If you own the land then the neighbour is committing trespass by parking on it.

You can put up a sign to inform the car owner that it is your property and not to park.

Do you have a copy of the title deeds? I can check them for you if you wish to confirm the position further.