F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

Please advise landlord knew i am disable before rebuilding i

Customer Question

please advise landlord knew i am disable before rebuilding i need to build 2 rumps one door entrance and one street or pavement
just details i take the landlord to court to follow disable law
is the law at my side
stella
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

Are you asking whether you can compel the landlord to build these 2 ramps and if so, are you suggesting that he should pay for them?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
because step from street and entrance door step 20 cm to heating entrance before the step where only 8 cm
landlord applied as new building he building 6 big flats it was office before
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am sorry, I think something’s gone wrong with the reply to my answer because your response to my question doesn’t make sense.

Let me answer you in general terms. A Landlord is under duty to make reasonable adjustments to a property to cater for people who are disabled.

However, what is reasonable is what is reasonable in the circumstances and constructing a concrete ramp to take a wheelchair for example if this is a Assured Short hold Tenancy be deemed to be more than reasonable.

Even with regard to matters like grab rails, the landlord can be made to make those alterations as you will read here.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/discrimination-in-housing/what-are-the-different-types-of-discrimination-in-housing/discrimination-in-housing-duty-to-make-reasonable-adjustments/

The problem for you is that if you have a Assured Short hold Tenancy, the landlord can simply give you a section 21 notice to quit and hence, whilst you can compel the landlord to make reasonable adaptations and alterations, it would be short lived victory.

I’m sorry, I wish I could give you a more favourable answer

Can I clarify anything for you? Please rate the service positive so that I get paid. We can still exchange emails. Best wishes. FES.