Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I should be v grateful for your advice. I have recently

Customer Question

I should be v grateful for your advice .
I have recently bought a property next to a large old house which is under Receivership & has been on the market for about 8 years.
The house has a large garden to the rear on which there are four huge sycamore trees (I have checked with council & there are no protection orders on them.) The nearest tree is probably about 3 feet away from my fence & I should estimate they are at least 40 feet high. The branches of 2 of the trees hang over my roof.
I have tried to negotiate through the estate agent who is selling the house on behalf of the receiver to pay towards getting the trees felled and also to gain access to do this.
I have heard yesterday that they will not pay towards cost and are quibbling about access.
The following are my concerns about Risks
Damage to my property and/or myself should branches or trees fall.
Roots causing subsidence
Prevention of light to my house and garden. I have damp on one wall & it has been suggested that this caused by lack of light and air necessary to dry it out.
I guess I am asking whether I have any legal rights re payment costs & also if I have a right to access.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also, I have a quote from a tree surgeon . The lower of which is to cut up trees & leave them there. Could I do this ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you had a survey done on the trees to determine if there is any damage caused?