How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2447
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Would I be able have a contract drawn up, so that I'm able

Customer Question

Would I be able have a contract drawn up , so that I'm able to loan a friend £30,00-00 over a 12month period . Secured against a freehold business unit that he owns.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

What terms would you like to include in the contract?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
5% interest for the loan period of 12 months. if he Fails to repay me after the 12months . I have the option to sale the property to repay my £30-000 plus all costs.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My Mobile no is***********
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

OK thank you. Thank you also for the live phone call request. I am unable to talk at the moment as I am in court for the rest of today but please please leave it with me and I will prepare my advice in a while and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with due to the property aspect. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  propertylawyer replied 11 months ago.


I can assist you with this.

Expert:  propertylawyer replied 11 months ago.

What you want to do is absolutely possible.

Have you checked the title register of the property to ensure that there is no existing change and a restriction against further charged being registered?