Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

If you own a third share of a freehold on a leasehold

Customer Question

if you own a third share of a freehold on a leasehold property can you just sell your share with the property or must you get the permission of the other share holders
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 9 months ago.

Although you will technically be selling your ne third share of the Freehold, the other 2 Freeholders need to consent, in that your Buyers Solicitors will want to make sure that their client is registered at the Land Registry as owning the Freehold (one third share). This can only be done by a Transfer document being drawn up and signed by all 3 current Freeholders. Hence the other 2 Freeholders will need to sign this document, before your Buyer's Solicitor will be happy to proceed.

They should not have any real objection to this, as the same will need to happen as and when they sell their respective property.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

Al

If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer, so I can get credited for my time.

Kind Regards

Al