Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am the landlord of a Rented property- tenant in rent

Customer Question

I am the landlord of a Rented property- tenant in rent arrears.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my tel. 01647 440318 - I have given my tenant 4 weeks notice to vacate due to rent arrears, as I am informed is correct. If arrears are paid in full before the vacate date, is this 4 weeks notice still valid or void? If void further notice would then be 2 months? Could the current contract be extended or a new contract as from the vacate date?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

Is the tenancy in writing?

When did it start?

When does it expire?

How much is the rent and how much are the arrears?

Have you put the deposit in a scheme?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, This is a verbal contract, on going for over 2 years, therefore somewhat casual. The rent is £400 per month and several months owed. He has had many reminders and agreed to pay. This week paid some arrears and I have requested plan to pay arrears and rent.There is no expiry date, a rolling on contract.