Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
12609314

We live in the end of a row of three terraced cottages that

Customer Question

We live in the end of a row of three terraced cottages that share a rear courtyard.Behind the houses is a block of out buildings which are used to store solid fuels,freezers,bikes etc.Between the houses and out buildings are two alleyways for access to car parking and for deliveries-also communal.We have placed a CCTV camera on our property,facing away from any other property down one of these alleyways to cover our out buildings after a recent attempted break in.Our neighbour,with whom we have had several disputes,without speaking to us has objected to this with the police apparently on the grounds of invasion of privacy.Please could you tell me our legal position.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
prepared to wait another day or two if needs be.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 10 months ago.

There is no such thing as a right to privacy in the UK. This is possibly because we live on a small crowded island but, whatever the reason , the police cannot do anything and neither can he.

Best wishes

Michael