Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am being ask to pay nearly £20,00 in Service Charge and

Customer Question

I am being ask to pay nearly £20,00 in Service Charge and for Building Works less than one year since i brought the flat. I feel that the procedures were not followed properly as i did not get any correspondence from the Managing Company in regards ***** ***** i only knew about this vast amount of money on the day i got the invoice. I told the Property manger than i am unable to pay the full amount in such a short space of time and i felt that the money asking of me is very unreasonable.I asked to pay some of it by a payment plan if i have no choice but was told no plan will be offered and if not paid in full by 31st October2016 they may start legal proceeding.
Thank You
Thelvis
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

Do you know if your Solicitor obtained standard replies to Leasehold enquiries from the Managing Agents? (One of the questions asks-"is the Freeholder/Managing Agents aware of any major planned expenditure in the foreseeable future?").

Also, having spoken with the Agents, have you been able to find out if the Seller was aware of these major works, and if so, I take it that this was not disclosed to you at the time of your purchase?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Al