Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I live on an estate that was built in the late 60's. We live

Customer Question

I live on an estate that was built in the late 60's. We live on a corner plot and like several other houses on the estate we have recently taken down several 6m high conniffers as they overhung an adjacent footpath and replaced it with a fence. Since doing this we have applied for retrospective planning and received a few negative comments on the planning application as the fence is of a more modern style in keeping( horizontal boards instead of feather edge fence) with our house renovation. Has a precedent been set by other houses having fences of the same height along there gardens on corner plots or can the council still refuse planning on some grounds?
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 9 months ago.

The council are not bound by precedents. the council does not have to be bound by any previous decision.

Have you discussed the issue with the planning officer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We haven't yet as it's still in the retrospective planning stage and we weren't sure who the officer is as we haven't been advised anyone specific is looking after the case? How do we find this out please?