Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My landlord served with a two month notice to quit

Customer Question

My landlord served with a two month notice to quit terminating on 28.12.2016. I have found a new property to rent and intend moving there on 18. 11. 2016. Do I have to continue paying rent on this property beyond that date given that I must start paying rent on the new property on that date. I have a periodic tenancy with my current landlord.
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Unless you can agree with you landlord on leaving early, you should give notice to quit which must be one month notice. Until expiration of the notice to quit (which you can serve) you are liable for rent even though you have found a different property.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you,

Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.