Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I live in my property and I own 50% as a tenant in common

Customer Question

I live in my property and I own 50% as a tenant in common with my sister. She wants to sell the property but I do not as it is my home. I'm trying to rasie a mortgage to buy her out but she says the property is worth more. I had a valutaion done for my mortgage company. She is taking me to the local country court. can I be evicted from the property? she has a home but I will not have one if I am evicted.
Expert:  Harris replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. she has a right to apply to court to force a sale of you cannot reach an agreement and the court can decide whether to force a sale based on all the circumstances. The court may also assist with the valuation.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 7 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.