Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

We asked our solicitor to issue a section 21, three month

Customer Question

we asked our solicitor to issue a section 21, three month notice for Tennant to quit our home , we entered our home thinking the tenant had left we then were told that the notice given was not correct the Tennant still had possession and we were not allowed ,we are now homeless if evicted .PS the Tennant does not live here he only used it to keep his pets
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
England
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. As the tenant has not moved out as he has his belongings and pets there, you will now need to pursue possession proceedings for a possession order. Of course to do this you will first need to ensure that the Section 21 Notice is valid. If it is, you can pursue possession proceedings (if no rent arrears being claimed you can go through the accelerated route here: https://www.gov.uk/accelerated-possession-eviction). If the Section 21 Notice is invalid you need to serve a correct Notice and wait for the minimum notice period to expire before pursuing an application for a possession order.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.