Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

How can i check to see if my landlord has landlord

Customer Question

how can i check to see if my landlord has landlord insurance.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you rent the whole problem or is it live in Landlord?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I rented the house on my own, and had sole possession of the property.It all started 16/09/2016 when the company that dealt with my tax credits (child and working) so my only income was my wage of £112 and my child benefit which is £20.70. i made the landlord aware of the situation which he was fine about. i continued to get my housing benefit which instead of using for rent i had to use it for food, electric, clothes for my daughter, nappies and wipes etc. as this was all happening in the winter months. when i eventually got the money back paid i owed so much out as i had to borrow from friends and family. also had to catch up on other bills as this was happening i kept the landlord up to date on everything and also told him i would start paying back once i got Christmas by me. which he was okay about. then he called round on the 8th January 2017 to tell me he was selling the house as he was going to jail, so i asked him for a letter as i needed it in writing for the housing executive. but he had said i could stay until i got somewhere else to live. He left me a letter which stated he was putting me out due to rent arrears which he never told me that previous. I then made my first arrears payment of £100 in along with my rent of £220 a month. He then came to my mums house on the 9th March demanding the keys back for the house, telling me that he had give me enough time etc. i refused as all my belongings were still in the house, my mum and i went out to the house along with my daughter where he then appeared to the house with a locksmith to change the locks on all the doors therefore resulting in me having no access to my belongings without him letting me in.
( there was damp in the bathroom for over a year which i asked to get sorted he eventually put on extractor fan in which made no difference, my back door lay hanging off for two weeks before it got fixed, my daughter and i had to go for a week with no water heater before it got fixed. )
when my Tax Credits got sorted out i was never behind on my rent nor was it ever late.
i have paid my rent arrears on the following dates 9th Feb £100, 24th Feb £100, 10th March £100, 17th March £50, 24th March £50, 10th April £50, 2nd May £50, 30th May £50, 12th June £50, Leaving my balance currently at £300.00
also i DO NOT have a Copy of the tenants agreement

Does the landlord live in?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. Just my daughter and I and my pet dog.

Just clarify what is your weekly/monthly rent and how much are you in arrears?