Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I had a lodger movenin on 10/6/17 and the signed agreement

Customer Question

I had a lodger movenin on 10/6/17 and the signed agreement stated it was 1 month renewable. It was clear on the agreement that due to the circustances that he moved in with his troublesome boyfriend if there was any issue of aggression I would demand immediate termination. On 10/7/17 no actual extension of the original month's agreement had been made when I had to speak to the boyfriend again about pointless waste of utilities that he wasn't paying for. It got heated and I demanded he leave.
As the agreement ran out am I within my rights to give 24 hours notice as they are insisting on1 week and only later that day transfered a weeks rent to my account.
Please help as I am not comfortable in my own home.
Rayna
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello Rayna my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How often do they pay rent please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Jamie
the month of the actual agreement they paid the whole month however it was agreed that any future payments could be done weekly and that is what they finally did later yesterday evening
thanks
Rayna
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Ok. Then you should give a weeks notice to leave. Then at the end of that week you can change the locks.

But as they pay weekly they are entitled to a weeks notice.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.