Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a Licence Agreement to use a serviced room in a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Licence Agreement to use a serviced room in a house. The contract is for a period of 3 months: June 11 - September 10. I have paid monthly in advance for this period and am currently paid up until September 10. The agreement says that it can be brought to an end before the expiry of the Licence term by giving one months notice and paying a 25% Licence fee premium. The agreement says nothing about the Licence renewing although it is presumed it would be. The thing is I do not want to renew the Licence and am wondering if my giving one months notice now will subject me to the 25% premium. My thoughts are that I have honoured the 3 month Licence. The Licence says nothing about giving notice or renewal once the 3 months has ended. I feel I should give notice to vacate but am wondering if I can be penalised for doing so. What do you think?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm happy to continue to wait
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 month ago.

Do you still require assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi,Yes I am but I still have not had an answer, only suggestions that I spend more money if I want one. What is going on?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought by paying £18 for an answer I'd get one but it seems I'm now being asked to spend an extra £44 to talk to someone so all up £62? Then ongoing monthly payments?

Can you provide a copy of the licence?