Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I invested in a property in Thailand via the recommendation

I invested in a property in Thailand via the recommendation of an international investment company based in Manchester. I am now engaged in a legal dispute case with the Thai developers who have disappeared off the face of the earth with my £20k investment. I have a good Thai solicitor dealing with this matter but of cost of course to me
I want to know if I have case to get my £3k back from the UK investment company charge?
Expert:  Oleksandr-Mod replied 3 months ago.
Oleksandr
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm happy to wait thank you.
Appreciate you letting me know.
Mona
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Jamie. Do you think I have a chance of winning this if it goes to County Court?

I think you have a shot, yes.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor