Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My neighbors water supply has a meter on a public footpath

My neighbors water supply has a meter on a public footpath and then goes right across my property to his (as does his drainage sewer). Who is responsible for his pipework which is on my property before it reaches his boundary? I have insurance cover for my water supply and drainage pipework.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 month ago.

You are responsible for any pipework and sewers on your own property.

Any foul drainage sewer on your neighbours property is classed as a public sewer and thus is the responsibility of Anglian Water, as this length of sewer is shared.

As regards ***** ***** supply pipe on your neighbour's property, this is your joint responsibility.

I hope this assists and if so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Kind Regards

Al