Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Can an estate agent accept an offer on my house? An offer

Customer Question

Hi. Can an estate agent accept an offer on my house? An offer was put forward but wasn't accepted by me, I was then told by my agent that they had accepted the offer and told the buyer to proceed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hi, even if your Agent has accepted an offer (which he shouldn't have done whatsoever), nothing is legally binding between you and the Buyer until your Solicitor has exchanged Contracts.

So, I suggest you inform your Agent and Solicitor (if you have appointed one) that you are not happy to proceed and that will be the end of the matter.

I hope this assists. If so, please would you rate my answer in the top right hand corner of your screen. Thanks Al