Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I had a tenant in my property renting a double room she left

hello I had a tenant in my property renting a double room she left without paying the last month 1 month rent and I have taken the matter to court to recover the money she gave no forward address and letters are arriving on my flatQ? Am I obliged to inform her ?if so How do I find her address?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

You don’t know where the tenant has moved to?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No I dont
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
She left on 4 October. And there is no forwarding address. When i received thd court paper. The first one. I srnt her an email. With the letter addressed to me artached. She did nit reply. Theres another letter from court on her name. But i cant open it
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
i would rather wait for your response in writing please
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

Ok. Just send it back return to sender, no longer at this address.

Problem is you need to know the last residential addrsss to take it to Court. So you can’t sue the tenant at your asdresss knowing they have moved out.

But if there are court papers, you must return to Court saying no longer at this address.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
What exactly do you need to clarify ?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
The last residential address was my address as she shared the property with me she left and without giving a forwarding addressI already sent her an email with a copy of a court letter with my name and a case reference number
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

But that is not good service. The rules say you ant email her a copy. It must be served upon her residential address.

You don’t know what it is. I think you will have an issue with this when it comes to enforcement.

I am sorry this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, it I have a duty to be honest.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
it does Thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!