Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

If my Landlord agreed for me to leave one month early in my

If my Landlord agreed for me to leave one month early in my tenancy agreement and I have set up a Mortgage for a new home then tells me I have to pay that extra month because he can't get tenants in for the time, where do I stand as I have now got a mortgage and rent going out in the same month, and he has gone against his word via Text message.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I am not quite with you. He agreed to release you early?
Was it conditional upon anything?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This letter might help from the landlord.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want to add that the landlord did agree for me to leave in November, not "may come to arrangement" as he stated in the letter, he said I could leave and I took his word for it and arranged my mortgage for my new house to start in December and now he wants the next months rent as well which I can not afford, but the final conversation via text was me saying that "I will make sure the house is presentable" meaning that by the deadline he give me the 1st of November it will be ready. since then he has not asked me or put me in a position to see if he can arrange the estate agents to do what ever they need to do to re let the property.I hope you can help because the is stopping me from work and sleep.Many thanksRex
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is all the text messages regarding the early end to the tenancy.Hope this helps,Many thanksRex
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 30 days ago.

Thanks. The text is clear 'as long as I can get another tenant in'.

A such if the new tenant does not move in, sadly you are liable.

If the Landlord had said yes you can leave early, it would be ok.

But its conditional. That condition is getting another tenant.

As such based on what texts you have said, sadly I think you are liable.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I’m really sorry for the delay, thank you for your honesty, one more question if my landlord get new tenants for December can he still charge us as well as charging them?Many thanksRex
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

No. He cant claim twice.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
that is great thank you for your help
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

All the best