Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have received a notice from the court that the respondent

Customer Question

I have received a notice from the court that the respondent wishes to appeal. However the appellant notice was never served on me so I only found out when a court date was given and the appeal has been allowed. However I did not get chance to put in a respondents notice. The appeal has been allowed on the grounds where important parts of the judgement (a supplementary judgement ) were omitted by the Appellant. I attach the 3 letters. However despite the judges last letter the appellant has not served the documents still although the court has sent them but not by 14th Nov at 4pm. I now have little time to respond 3 bundles of deceptive arguments; and they are trying to change the judge mid case. I can answer all the argument however the judge has said that I can apply to have the order set aside within 7days. Does this mean I can get the appeal struck out for not following the correct procedures. I attach the correspondence. If I had been able to put in a respondents notice which the supplementary judgement I believe the appeal would not have been allowed. Will try and attach the letters
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, has the appeal been granted, or was it just permission to appeal?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
just adding the correspondence
should I ask the appeal b
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No I attach the correspondence . They have failed to serve me the documents to put me at a disadvantage.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Ok, this is just permission to appeal. You do not get a copy of the original request.

That is before a Judge and does not involved the respondent. So its only permission.

Even if you had gone to the permission hearing, you are not allowed to speak because its the other side lone application.

The appeal has been listed for 4th January 2018. So now you should get Appellants Notice, skeleton argument etc.

Its quite normal you are not told about the permission hearing as technically its nothing to do with you.

So now you need to put together documents to say why the appeal should not be allowed.

But what has been done here is normal - nothing out of the ordinary.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi Jamie
can I cancel the phone call for the moment as I think you have answered this
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Sure. No problem.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I just fill out a respondents notice as well as a skeletal argument against their argument ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Correct.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
thankyou
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

No problem