Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Am a leasholder and I have been renting my flat for last two

Customer Question

Hello there, am a leasholder and I have been renting my flat for last two years. Whilst checking the original lease from 1984 there a paragraph re sublet which I do not understand clearly and I would like someone to tell me what it means to know if I am beaching the contract? if I am what could be the consequences of this? The property management co knows that I have tenants but I never formally informed them nor the freeholders and nobody ever said anything to me either. I am not sure if the lease clearly states that I should have informed them or asked for consent. Could you please help? I can forward a copy of the paragraph in question. Many thanks in advance, Jackie
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

Hello Jackie my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

This just means within the last seven years of the lease you can’t sublet to a Limited company.

It’s all to do with protection they would have.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!