Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

What to say in a TR1 form if there transfer is from 2 people

Customer Question

What to say in a TR1 form if there transfer is from 2 people tenants in common, to 2 people as joint tenants when one person remains the same. So I am buying out one person.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 month ago.

Hello for clarification please give me the background info what is the relationship please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the property is currently owned by my partner (wife) and her friend, we are buying the friend out. So the outstanding mortgage has been paid off and the mortgage company has notified land registry. I have filled out ST5, RX3, AP1 and W.E rdhave all filled out ID1 forms.
My questions is about wording really. On the TR1 form q4 I have filled out my partner and friend as transferors and q5 my partner and myself as transferees. Th amount is q6 is the proportion that we are paying for the partner’s share. I just wanted to check that this is correct?I also have a couple more questions about the other forms.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have just paid an extra £44 for a phone call? Which I would like to be refunded please.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello I have got the call refunded are you able to respond to me question?