Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

How can I change ownership of a property? I have two houses

Hello, how can I change ownership of a property? I have two houses with my partner and we hold the property as Tenants in Common in equal shares 50/50. There is no declaration of trust entered.
We live in one of our two houses and we are renting the second one out. Maybe we will be seperated from each other in future and would share the two houses between each other . There are mortgages on both.
If I wanted to own one and he wanted to own the other property, what should we do?
Would it be possible to keep mortgages as they are now and just simply change the ownerships?

Thank you for your question

It will not be possible to do this without the agreement of the Mortgage Companies involved - who are unlikely to want to release either of you from the mortgages

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. And what if we don't want to be released and they agree? What would happen after that?

They will not agree to a Transfer to one name in any event