Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

My mane is. My In'laws have gifted me horse stables to

Hi Pearl my mane is Tony. My In'laws have gifted me horse stables to convert into a bungalow. Planning permission is secured now I need to know if I can sell the bungalow once it is completed. The manin house is listed and the stables are 30 metres opposite the house. The property is in green belt area. Can I apply for the new build to be separated from the main build?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: WS15 Staffordshire UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

You almost certainly be able to sell the bungalow separately but land registry will likely not split the registered titles for the bungalow from the main legal title for the main property until the sale is completely/

What normally happens in the course of a sale is that your solicitor would prepare a TP1 land registry form. This is a transfer of part of land from a larger legal title. So, it would transfer the bungalow from the main legal title.

The buyer’s solicitors would approve the transfer of part and then each party would execute it upon completion. The buyer’s solicitors would then apply to register the transfer of part at land registry shortly following completion and the land registry would then split the titles. Your solicitor should write in to the contract for sale that the buyer’s solicitors would have to supply you with update land registry titles showing the separation following registration of the transfer of part.

Before you spend any considerable sums of money I would instruct a local solicitor to examine the current legal titles and get them to confirm that there won’t be any issues with regard to legal easements (ie rights of access, drainage, services etc) for the benefit of the bungalow. If they confirm that there won’t be any issues then you can proceed and instruct the solicitor to act in the sale once a sale has been arranged.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom