Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am selling a property in the uk and accepted an offer from

Customer Question

i am selling a property in the uk and accepted an offer from a first time buyer, a major factor in accepting this offer was because there were first time buyers. 4 months later and about to exchange contracts, i am told that their buyer has pulled out.! and the sale of my property has fallen through, The estate agent was adamant the buyers had no property to sell and the deposit and mortgage was in place. i feel the estate agent has misled me and given false information. I beleive he should have done a basic check on the potential buyers with regard to whether or not their information was correct. is he negligent in his duties not to have done so?.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you would like to know about this today please? Whether he was negligent by not doing a check?

What do you say they should have checked?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they should have checked the buyer was genuinely a first time buyer and did not have to sell a property in order to buy mine
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Did you sign any terms with the agent? If so, in the contract did it say they would carry out these checks?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry i had to look at the paperwork, i did sign an agreement with the estate agents, but can not find any reference to them making checks or not
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Do you want a call?