LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

How do I get my TU-CTH100 to change to BST?

Customer Question

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I can wait. BST started about 2 months ago, so a few days is OK.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, so please do not rate me badly.

But I do want to inform you.

I've looked over your recorder, and your clock is set to follow the Programme Guide's clock. It's fully controlled by the TV station's guide, it stores the time set by selecting the TV show in your recordings, and it should automatically TRACK the changes when the TV transmitter switches its clock to BST.

And if a TV show starts at 10, and stops at 11, it should record at the same time whether you are on regular time or BST time. That was Panasonic's intent in using the TV station's clock instead of our own clock and adding a check box to have it follow the hour change when BST changed it.

So I do wonder if your TV shows are still showing up at the correct time, but you find your recorder still recording all your TV shows one hour BEFORE. I honestly don't see how it could, but if the station's clock is one hour off....you'd think the NETWORK clock would still OVERRIDE it. After all, the station sets their clock to the network clock too.

You stated --

This is a new problem which coincides with a new Panasonic TV a TX-L32E5B which is connected via a SCART lead.

That part throws me off. Scart only delivers Picture and Sound signals between the two units, and the TIME CODE , while a part of the SYNC SIGNAL should have no effect on your recorder -- it does raise a question as to whether any of your recordings could have been selected within the TV set and the commands sent to the recorder. But as far as I know, that can only occur on HDMI connections, not Scart.

But I do recall Scart having the capability of borrowing the TV's tuner back in the older analogue tuning days....but those days are gone.

It does raise the question and the possibility that the TV's clock may have some influence on your recorder though....and I won't close my mind to that possibility.

But like you said, you added your NEW(?) TV to it and that's when your problem started?

I wouldn't think the TV had it's own "manual clock" setting. I would expect it to recieve the same Programme Guide clock the recorder uses.

So that's just not logical to me. Both should be fully dependent upon the TV stations and the programme guide.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You need to know that the programmes are all shown as one hour earlier. e.g The Six o'clock News is shown as at 17.00

This means that we can still record!