Anthony F.
Anthony F., Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. expereince with all formats - broadcast and consumer.
34633555

TOSHIBS -KT-53: how is it possible to look inside and repair

Customer Question

TOSHIBS -KT-53: how is it possible to look inside and repair this? It belonged to my late father-in-law who spent may happy hours listening to radio an tapes. I;d like to use it now tr ansfering my tapes to cd via a pc butWhirring noises on tape function suggest? battery/power connections but dust/broken belt drives possibly indicates as capstans click but refuse to budge. THanks
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

time to wait ok [ but otherwise unsure of value-for-money of your service offered]

what other info do you want from me?

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Anthony F. replied 4 years ago.
IF this is something that sat on a shelf a while ALL of the RUBBER DRIVE BELTS need to be changed
they turn to goo over time and are virtually worthless
replace all the drive belts then go from there
you might not have any problem after you replace the belts
you will have to pull the old belts and go to a site like http://russellind.com/prbline/prblinecom_.htm

to match them up
Good Luck