Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

I have a DVDR3305 I use only copying and editing

Customer Question

I have a DVDR3305 I use only for video copying and editing and am delighted with it's performance with DVD+RW discs
However I can't use it with DVD plus discs --Recording via ext2 from a VHS Cassette Recorder. When stop is pressed on the remote control I get the updating message as normal but this is followed by the message 'failed to stop recording' The only way I could stop the recording was to switch off the unit at the mains and switch on again , the recorder then came on in the normal 'play'mode with no video to play back
Please advise me how I might be able to use '+discs' again as I want to backup all my Camcorder video tapes and using RW Discs is proving rather expensive.
With regards.
George **********
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Unfortunately, the type of disc that is read is determined by the health of the laser in your recorder. That can be expensive, and I'm afraid this is bad news for you. However, these are the types of discs that will be accepted by your recorder:

CD, CD-R/-RW, DVD, DVD-Video, DVD±R/±RW, SVCD, Video CD

The only thing you can do besides replacing the laser, which will be about a $100 investment, is to use a different media. RW discs use a different angle, and that's why they are still accepted by the recorder. Your recording laser is going out. I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you.