Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES10EB/EBL recorder. It records Video

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES10EB/EBL recorder. It records Video picture fine from A VHS Video but the sound track is blank. I can hear the audio tracks as the video is being recorded. but nothing when DVD-Rw is played back. Can you help
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

The most likely cause of this problem is in the connection from the VCR to the DVD Recorder. A badly fitted or faulty Scart connection is most common reason for video but no sound.

If you are using a Scart lead connection, check that the lead is securely connected at both ends and there are no bent or missing pins.

Some Scart leads will have pins for video but not for audio - although you can hear the audio from the VCR being passed to the TV, it may not be passed to the DVD Recorder through the Scart lead.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As mentioned in my question, I have already checked the audio connections from my scart lead and they are fine. The problem lies elsewhere. What are the correct audio setting to use in the Recorder set-up?

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Christy,

Which audio settings are you referring to?

What method did you use to check the audio connections on the Scart lead?

How many pins are present in each end of the Scart lead?