Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

PVR80- PROGRAMMMES BEING RECEIVED CLEARLY ON SCREEN WITHOUT

Customer Question

PVR80- PROGRAMMMES BEING RECEIVED CLEARLY ON SCREEN WITHOUT FAULT BUT WILL NOT RECORD-ERROR MESSAGE 'SIGNAL TOO WEEK'. SYSTEM HAS BEEN WORKING WITHOUT PROBLEMS FOR 4 YEARS IN CONJUNCTION WITH PHILLIPS TELEVISION- LAST FIVE DAYS. NO OBVIOUS DAMAGE TO AERIAL, CABLE OR INTERCONNECTIONS
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

The "Signal Too Weak" error message can occur if one of the dual inputs into your PVR80 is not inputting a good signal.
One signal will be used for 'live' viewing and the other signal will be used for recording.
Check that both inputs are still securely connected.
Try swapping the two aerial inputs around and check if there is any change - you may find that pictures are no longer received clearly, but the recording is now ok. This will help troubleshoot which connection the problem lies with.
Let me know what you find.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi David,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,

Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried all connections, swapped aerial connections still no recording- 'recording cannot start as signal too weak' still appears. Request shows on timers until end of programme and then deletes , nothing shows on library page.No previous problems with recorder.

About to change to'You view box' after final signal strength check on aerials. Current signals from Hastings Tx. Aerials look solid from the ground, waiting for aerial installer.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Ok, let me know how it goes with the aerial installer, and if I can be of any further assistance, just get back in touch.

Thanks,

Pete.