Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

dvd recorder ex77eb. unable to fast forward. is this a problem

Customer Question

dvd recorder ex77eb. unable to fast forward. is this a problem with the remote. Can fast rewind and use other functions! have changed the batteries.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the player,

p0llinate :

does this happen on dvds and watching content on the built in hard drive?

p0llinate :

It is possible the remote is faulty, or it could be a problem with the player itself (faulty control board, etc).

p0llinate :

Since there is no hard button on the player itself for rewind and fast forward, we can't test that. We can however test if the remote is functioning:

p0llinate :

If you look at the front of the remote through the display of a digital camera (or cell phone cam, web cam, video camera, etc), you should see the infrared emitter "bubble" on the remote light up or flash each time a button is pressed. If you see that for other buttons, but not for FF, then it would tell us that the button is bad, and the remote would likely need to be replaced.