Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

how do I sync two in car dvd players to watch what is playing

Customer Question

how do I sync two in car dvd players to watch what is playing on one of them
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

p0llinate :

without knowing the make/model, I can't give you exact step by step instructions, but I'll give you some general guidance that will hopefully be of help.

p0llinate :

Typically these systems are completely independent. Unless you see a button that is specifically labeled as Share, Sync, Multi, or something similar, the systems likely are not integrated. Really, they weren't meant to be. These systems are typically set up for each kid in the back set to have their own individual entertainment. Now if you want to run them together, it would be a matter of connecting them and then changing the input. Use an rca cable (red/white/yellow, get splitters/adapters as needed) from one and route it to the input of the other. The "Master" would play the disc or content you want, and the "slave" unit would be set to the external input mode (to pick up signal from the 1st player).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi thanks for the reply, however, the manual that came with the the units shows that it is quite a sophisticated unit (albeit in almost unreadable Chinese or such) , it is all I R and can be tuned to tv and the car radio IR wise.games are built in and it also states that the two units can be viewed as one , however it does not show how to obtain the sync. there is no obvious button on the remotes that suggests a link. I was aware of the possibilities you have mentioned and rca cables run to each unit from a common core cable, I just thought that I was missing something in the set up but as I said the manual is not very clear ah well never mind , thanks for the help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help in this case Roger.

If you can find me any identifying info off the system (make/model/etc) I might be able to give more specifics.

Nathan