Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

Hi, I have an EZ27 recorder which has stopped reacting to any

Customer Question

Hi, I have an EZ27 recorder which has stopped reacting to any remote commands.
The DVD screen shows A1 which is my recording channel and when any other button is pressed it shows DVD 3, but will not allow me to do anything else. Up until now this has worked well.
I have changed the batteries, done a reset, turned it off and on at the mains.

Help please
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I really hate to have to tell you this but unfortunately what you are describing sounds like the IR sensor in the remote itself has failed.

I wish there was another way but with what you have posted I am confident this is the problem.
The part is integrated into the board so to fix it the board needs to be replaced.
It is usually cheaper to replace the remote itself which you can get from here: Click Here

That seller ships to
United States, Europe, Canada, and Australia.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.

If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have purchased a replacement remote as you advised, but there is no change with the problem.

please suggest a way to get my EZ27 recorder to work

Paul

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If even with a known good remote it is still not responding it normally means the sensor has failed and needs to be replaced.
To have this done you would need to bring the machine to a technician, unfortunately this can sometimes be expensive so I would call around for a price first.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply,

Is there a way to setup my reorder without the remote as although it works, I cannot access anything

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
On the front of the player should be a panel that you can open up by pulling it towards you.
Then all the controls should be behind that panel.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you however I of course looked behind the front panel before contacting you and in fact the only controls are S video and audio in plus stop. All the controls as you put it are not there or anywhere else on the EZ27, I believe you are thinking of another machine...

I guess that all you are offering is to replace the remote which I have done, and I am still back at the beginning.

Thanks anyway but you have not answered my problem.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael.

Paul, your device can be used with two remotes - you may just have to reset the remote to remote #1. To do this, hold down the #1 key and the center "enter" key at the same time for a few seconds. If this doesn't work, you can do the same with the 2 button while holding down enter to set it to remote 2. All you are doing here is trying to get the remote to match what the device expects it to be.

Let me know if this helps or if you have additional questions.

Mike
SQ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have tried but although the front panel changes from A1 to DV3, nothing else is happening

Is that on the original Panasonic remote?

Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is on the new one, however having tried the old one again, it is exactly the same

Paul

OK, Paul. Thank you for trying... that should work to correct the issue when done with the Panasonic remote. It won't work with the replacement, but if it's not working with the Panasonic, it must be a different issue.

Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for trying

What do I do now

Paul

Paul, I'm afraid the prognosis is not good based on what you've described.

Does it react to having buttons pressed directly on the unit?

Mike