Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

Just bought a Panasonic dmp bdt 330 blue ray player and wont

Just bought a Panasonic dmp bdt 330 blue ray player and wont connect to my Samsung s3 using all share cast?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I am familiar with this problem. All Share Cast is a trademark of Samsung. Samsung has it's own encoding for that feature, so naturally, another Samsung device is necessary to be compatible. It's their way to get you to buy more of their products. Sony does the same thing as Samsung. They are advertised as the big brands, but you have to buy the same brand components for them to work as advertised.

Panasonic is not the same way. It uses the standard encoding, and can be used with other products, just not Sony or Samsung. Panasonic is one of the last honest manufacturers in business. In order to get it to work, you will need to exchange your Blu-ray player for a Samsung player with All Share Cast.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks rusty appreciate that sounds about right on one occasion I have managed to pair the two devices with you tube but having difficulty with that now, any ideas why the two won't connect now?

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
It is all in the way it encodes and decodes the information. If you got it to connect, you got lucky. There is, however, a work around. Click here. Your S3 will connect to it, and it plugs into your TV's HDMI port, allowing it to work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so anything on my on my s3 can be viewed on my Phillips ambilight tv films you tube photos etc?

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Photos, music, certain types of movie files, yes. That device is the thing you need to take full advantage of All Share Cast. That's what it's made for. It's only quirk is that it doesn't support surround sound, only stereo. There is no way around that, it's the amount of wireless information that it takes to produce 5.1 sound that cannot be done.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank last question for future planning of buying tvs phones etc do you suggest buying one brand so that they can all interact together? You're the tec man what is your set up and why?

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
No problem. I don't use my phone for that type of stuff. I use a Sony media player for that purpose. I store my music, pictures and videos on my computer. The media player connects to my home network, and reads the stuff on my computer, so that I can view them on TV. This is the best way I've found to keep my files in the same place, and it works like a server. Of course, you will need a media player at each TV you wish to use with the system. The media player also has Netflix, Hulu, and tons of free channels.

As far as my phone, I use an HDMI cable to connect it. Especially if you don't need wireless capabilities, this is a great way to connect to your system. If your primary use is to stream music from your phone, and keep your phone in your pocket, the dongle is the way to go. When buying phones, make sure you check to see if it has that capability. There is no phone that is compatible with everything. The manufacturers use bluetooth and sell a dongle, just like they are doing here. It's to get you to buy more stuff.

If you become less reliant on your phone, and more persistent on building your home network, you'll find that your system becomes more and more compatible. You can even download an app that controls the media player from your phone, which is also connected to your home network.
Rusty, Engineer
Experience: Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert