Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

Hello I own a Panasonic freesat Blu ray disc recorder model

I own a Panasonic freesat Blu ray disc recorder model DMR BS 780.Recently the blu ray side went wrong and I had to pay a lot for it to be repaired.I bought another blu ray player(PanasonicDMPBD79,and was disappointed it would not play
the blu ray discs I had recorded on my freesat recorder.

Is there any way that they can be played on other recorders,as some of them are valuable

Many thanks for help.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry for the delay, this doesn't look good, but let's take a look and see if we can save the discs. Did you ever finalize the discs on your old recorder?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Rusty.

It is only possible to finalise BD~R on this machine,no facility for BD~RE

Unfortunately the finalised BD~R does not seem to work either.

Are there any Panasonic Recorders/Players that would ?

I see my original Panasonic DMR BS780 is available on E Bay in new condition,would this be able to play my old discs,only thing is its very expensive,and wouldn't want to go to that unless sure it would Await to hear from you,

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
This is a tough one, as your new machine accepts those discs. Put one of them into your computer and open the folder. Are you able to see the contents of the disc on your computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rusty

Have tried the discs on computer,no joy.

Am now investigating other Panasonic models through Panasonic Store to see if any luck with them. Do you have any advice on models that might accept them as you are supposedly the EXPERT.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Since your computer didn't read them, they are not finalized. You will need the exact recorder that they were recorded on. However, the information is on the disc, it just wasn't written in plain DVD player language. We can recover them with your computer.

In case of unfinalized DVD, CDRoller finds and retrieves VOB files, converts the recovered VOBs into generic MPEGs, and finally, makes a simple DVD-video disc (without menu) that can be played back on most DVD players. Click here for the instructions. Notice the download link at the top of the page. This is your cheapest method to rescue the videos. You will be able to burn the DVD image to another blank disc, finalize it, and watch it on most players.

That will eliminate your need to buy the exact same model as you had before. I understand they are expensive, and I'm trying to help keep you from having to buy another machine. Let me know what you think of this method.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

concerned with Blu Ray. I can only finalise BD~R on original machine (not BD_RE

The computer will not play finalised BD-R or non finalised BD-RE, so I don't know where to go now.

When you talk of DVD does this mean Blu Ray? If it wont play on computer I cant use your suggestion.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry, I forgot to ask if you had a BD reader/burner on your computer. Do you have access to one? If so, we can save the video, and you can use any player/recorder you wish.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I don't have a BD reader/Burner,and do not want to go to expense of buying one.

I shall try other avenues. Thanks for your advice

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
You will find that you need the exact recorder. Those discs are useless in any other recorder. You have these two options to choose from, otherwise you'll find it a bit more frustrating. You said cost was an issue, please click here so you fully understand both options of the burner and software, or the exact disc recorder..
Rusty, Engineer
Experience: Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert