Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I need a spare part for my Blu Ray player HT-BD8200 which is

I need a spare part for my Blu Ray player HT-BD8200 which is at the London Samsung repairer DK Audio Visual Services. They cannot find the part - it is an FFC 40 pin cable Ref AK41.00928A which they say you no longer supply. All it is is a connecting cable, is there a similar 8" cable available which can be used as an alternative?

the full code for the discontinued cable is FFC-pickup-8200;BD-S4 PET,40P,T0.08,L25

I need to find a cable with the same connectors long enough to reach - 8", they tell me.

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Any cable that meets the specifications can be used.

I have one for you here, which will reach (it is 8") and you can purchase it via my link below

Click Me to Open

It costs £4.90 and is currently in stock

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Thanks for that but that is a cable only and will require connectors at each end. Can you please provide the source for those as well as the cable alone will not do the trick.

Kind regards,

Nigel

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Nigel

I do not have a record in the system of the exact connectors used (there is actually very little documentation on this part due to the age), but Molex.com has the largest range, so if they are available, you will be able to get the connectors from them online.

I have the catalogue for you, which you can open on my link below

http://www.molex.com/catalog/web_catalog/pdfs/F.pdf

Are you seeing the connector there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that link. I have already spoken to MOLEX. The problem is that the unit is at a Samsung repairers in London and they simply say that the part is no longer available. So I do not know what type of connectors or FFC are required.

The fact that they can order a similar cable from a different supplier had not crossed their minds! I will forward the info you have provided and see if they can be bothered to make the effort to order one from Molex or Amazon.

If they cannot be bothered I will have to try and make a cable up myself. #

Thanks again

Nigel

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your most welcome Nigel

Making the cable is pretty straight forward as long as you have the crimper (the repaires would have this)