Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

How do you record from a Panasonic HC-V510 Video Camera to

Customer Question

How do you record from a Panasonic HC-V510 Video Camera to a Panasonic DVD Recorder?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Could you tell me what model your dvd recorder is?

Nathan :

If it is an older model, and analog only (most are), then your only option will be the composite video cables (red/white/yellow). This requires hooking the camera up to the video inputs on the recorder, playing back on the camera, while recording on the player. Note that this is done in"real time", meaning an hour of video will take an hour to record.

Nathan :

While you can certainly do this, it's not the best method, because the quality is greatly degraded. You have a good quality digital camcorder, so converting it to analog output, then re-recording on a digital (dvd) medium hurts the picture and sound quality considerably.

Nathan :

You would be far better off plugging the camera into a computer via usb cable (or a memory card reader) and then copying the digital file directly to a dvd on the computer. Nearly any computer can handle this function, which would keep everything digital, be much faster, easier, and better quality. That dvd can then be played back in your existing dvd player or on most any dvd player/tv.