Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR XS350EB Used to be able to timer

Customer Question

Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR XS350EB
Used to be able to timer record. Now able to set up but programme will fail to record when start time reached. No space problems and can still record and replay a live programme.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. It sounds like you have a software failure, but luckily there is an update available that should fix the problem. Click here, run the update, and try the timer record. Please tell me the results.

When you're updating the firmware, be sure not to disturb the power, or try to use the machine. The update can take as long as 25 minutes, so please be patient. I await your reply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Rusty

My first shot was to set the update via broadcast to on and see if it would update itself that way in standby (there seems to be no way to initiate a broadcast update). This appears not to have worked. I will now locate a cable and plug my laptop into the machine and try to activate the link you provided. Many thanks - Nick

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Let me know how the update goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Rusty

Sorry for tardy response. I checked software version on my rercorder and it was the same (1.5) as the latest available which, according to the notes, means no update required. What next please?

Nick

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
I'm not sure why it's doing that, it's likely a hardware problem. I'm going to open this question back up for other experts. Don't rate my answer, and you won't be charged for my time.