Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Have just installed a Samsung Blu-ray BD-F6500 and connected

Have just installed a Samsung Blu-ray BD-F6500 and connected it to Samsung LCD TV using HDMI cable. The result is I can get a picture but I can only get sound through the headphones ! The self Diagnosis sound test - shows the headphone as on even when the headphone is disconnected.

Can you help please?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

There is a tiny microswitch inside the headphone jack socket which detects when headphones are plugged in, and it automatically mutes the audio output.

If the tiny switch gets stuck, then the system will think that headphones are still plugged in when they are not.
To fix this, it may be possible to release the switch by plugging and unplugging the headphone jack several times; or by gently releasing the switch using a fine needle or toothpick.