Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

MY HUMAX 1010S BOX IS INTERFACING WITH THE TV AND IS TELLING

Customer Question

MY HUMAX 1010S BOX IS INTERFACING WITH THE TV AND IS TELLING ME THERE IS NO SIGNAL FROM THE DISH. IT IS A REPLACEMENT FOR ANOTHER BOX WHICH STILL WORKS. I REVERSED THE TO AERIAL CONNECTIONS IN CASE THE POWER WAS NOT GETTING TO THE DISH BUT THIS JUST LEAVES WITH NO SIGNAL ON THE TV SCREEN/
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

There is a bug on this device that can cause this.

Can you do the following please.

Disconnect the satellite cable to Input 2, leaving Input 1 connected. You should then get a signal on input 1.

Then run a Factory Restore.

Then reconnect Input 2 and run the setup process again.

Let me know then if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What have I to do to run a factory restore?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
To do this Alan, on the Humax, go to

Settings
System Settings
Factory Default

And run ti there.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did the Factory Restore. and reconnected second cable but it is still telling me that I have a weak signal and contact a satellite technician. I reversed the cables and that leaves me with message on TV screen "No Signal". so have now restored the cables but no channels.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, then the cable or the Dish itself is the issue in combination with the Humex Alan.

In input 2, it is detecting it, but the signal is too weak, and this is down to either the cable being too long and the signal is degraded, the Cable is faulty or the Disk is not giving a strong enough signal.

Nearly always it is an issue with the Cable.

Are you able to test with a different and shorted cable?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard,

My old box an Alma s 2300+ still works perfectly with a good quality picture. The total cable length is about 20 metres. I doubt if the Humax box is less sensitive to signal strength than the Alma.

Alan.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It is Alan, and you see it complaining about the signal as per the error it gave.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard,

Where do I go from here?

Alan

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Alan,

As per my last Answer, I ant you to test with a different and shorter cable.

It is a problem of a low signal and we need to rule out the cable as the problem.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard,

Because of work schedule and dark evenings, it will probably be the weekend before I have an opportunity to do that.

Alan

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, thank you Alan.