Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

DMR-EZ48V DVD/Video recorder. Very poor picture quality when

Customer Question

DMR-EZ48V DVD/Video recorder.
Very poor picture quality when playing DVD's (inc pre-recorded films) with flickering and lines running down the screen.
Have re-set to shipping conditions and that has not worked.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the player,

Nathan :

do you have a similar problem with playing back vhs tapes on the unit?

Nathan :

How is picture quality on other source devices (cable/satellite, freeview tuner, etc)?

JACUSTOMER-tbhowmvl- :

No problem with VHS playback.

JACUSTOMER-tbhowmvl- :

Good picture quality on tv and freeview channels. Only picture interference is on DVD playback

Nathan :

Thank you for the info, can you tell me how the player is connected to the tv (what type of cord for dvd portion, hdmi, component, composite)?

Nathan :

Since it only happens with dvd, it is likely a hardware issue in the signal processing components that read the disc, one thing you can try that may help is to clean the player, by blowing the tray out with compressed air, or using a specialty cleaning disc.