KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

i have a dtr-hv250 digital tv recorder, will not record, showing

Customer Question

i have a dtr-hv250 digital tv recorder, will not record, showing hard drive initialisation failed record and playback functions disabled, tried turning power off and after 2 mins turning back on numerous times but still no joy. can you help please?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

age.got it when the change over of systeme took place, ? 3 years?

It seems that power supply is failing and is not delivering enough power to supply the disk drive components. However there is sufficient power for the tuner part to continue to function properly. This problem is usually solved after replacing the power supply, will cost you around £9.

_________________________________________________________________

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...Excellent feedback is appreciated...Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where do I get a new power supply cable

You can buy it from here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TVonics-DTR-HV250-replacement-supply-adaptor/dp/B006GGMND4

http://www.power-adapters.co.uk/12v-TVonics-DTRHV250-DVR-mains-DC-power-supply-adapter

______________________________________________________________

Just checking if everything is fine with the unit...Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kevin, I got a new power supply adaptor, tried this and still the same, had old lead tested and was giving out 12.5 volts, think I am going to get a new unit.

Usually the problem is solved after replacing the adapter however, in your case it seems you will have to format the HDD, after this if the problem return you will have to remove the connectors to the HDD and then connect them again...also check the parts near HD and make sure they are fine...
_________________________________________________________

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kevin, I have no instructions on how to Format, non came with the unit.

You can contact the manufacturer and they will send USB sticks for free firmware upgrade
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will just get a new recorder, thank you.

You're welcome....Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks