Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Hi there! I have a Panasonic DMR-EX99VEB DVD Recorder about

Hi there!

I have a Panasonic DMR-EX99VEB DVD Recorder about four years old. The Unit's Display is not working. No data displayed at all! The recorder functions as normal but we have no way of knowing what is going on. I have consulted the Operating Instructions but can find nothing to guide me - can you help?

Geoff Broadley [email protected]
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

The display has faulted, you cannot turn it on. It will be the main controller board within the unit, or the display itself.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this repaired. I would get a quote on this first, as it can cost more to repair then the value of the machine (if it is indeed the main board). If it is only the display unit, the repair will not be too expensive.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt answer - it sounds like my recorder display is terminal although the recorder itself is still functioning correctly. Fee of £22 seems a lot to get the response from you.

However - thanks again

Geoff Broadley

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Geoff,

The recorder itself is ok, it is the display module on the mainboard or the unit itself that is the issue. If you can ignore it, the recorder will continue to work fine.

I am only an engineer here, so do not know anything about pricing sorry Geoff.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know.

And if you can please do the service rating by clicking one of the smiley faces below, that would be appreciated.