Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I bought a box of CDs (25) and I said to the assistant that

Customer Question

I bought a box of CDs (25) and I said to the assistant that I had bought this make before and found that they could not be formatted. He said I should return them if I had a problem but would rather keep the ones I have. Is there some way to format these dvds other than throwing them out?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You say you bought a box of CD's. If they are CD's they will not work, as you need to have DVDs. These DVD'd need to be rewitable, like on my link below.

Click me to view

These you can format. But CD's and non re-writable DVD'd you cannot sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I made a mistake in my original question. I should hasve been referring to DVDs and not CDs. The DVDs I bought are supposed to be re-writable. Can you now answer my question - how can I format these discs when they say they cannot be formatted. Some of them can but about fifteen out of 25 cannot.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
If they say they cannot be formatted Eileeb, then it means they cannot be.

This is why you are getting the message.

What disks do you have there? Tell me the Brand and exact details on them please.