Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

We have a Panasonic DMR-BS880/BS780 Blue Ray Recorder. When

We have a Panasonic DMR-BS880/BS780 Blue Ray Recorder. When I press Guide or Direct Navigator nothing comes up on the television screen apart from EC/HDM11 in the top left corner. The Display shows AV2 and then NAV1. I have tried to press other buttons but nothing comes up. The recorder has been working fine up until now. Last night I think I might have pressed a wrong button by accident and have frozen the whole thing. Can you help please.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. What is the model number of your TV? What type of cable is used to connect your Blu-ray player to the TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TTV is Panasonic TX-L322D25BA. Sorry, I don't know the type of cable. But it is a freesat television and recorder, if that helps.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Is it a round cable with a single flat connector that goes into the TV? Can you see the label where it's plugged into the TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rusty, while taking out our television details my husband found our receipt and our television and recorder are still under guarantee. We therefore feel that we should nio trouble you any more. We are so sorry as we realise we should have checked our documents before coming on the internet. I (more than husband) just panicked. I hope you will not charge us. Is this okay?

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Well, that is up to you Rosemary. I can save you some time though, instead of someone overseas that will read from a list of instructions. Rating negatively doesn't refund your money, customer service does.

I believe your problem is that your TV is not on the correct input. Using the input/source button repeatedly on your TV's remote control will switch to the correct source, which is why I asked about the label where it is plugged in.