Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Panasonic DVD player wont register discs and says no disc

My Panasonic DVD player won't register discs and says no disc when I insert one. I have a Panasonic model DMP -bd75 .
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Does the player register Bluray disc and have you checked it with Audio CD?
- How old is this player and when did the problem occur?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought the player in tescos on the 11th June 2011 . I just tried playing audio CDs And the player makes a whirring sound and a tic tic tic noise and the disk starts spinning, then it stops and starts spinning and whirring noises then once again it says no disk on the display.the player has done this for about a year, if I open and shut the disc drawer repeatedly ( maybe 8 or 10 times ) the machine makes a different noise and then started working tho over the last 2 months or so its increasingly hard to make it work.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

OK, have you tried to use cleaning disc in player for lens cleaning?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just doing that now , I have done it in the past tho and the problem still continuedthe player even has trouble registering the lens cleaner . sometimes !! .that just finished the cleaning cycle . I will try now . No change after 2 cleaning cycles, I tried a copied DVD, a shop bought DVD original and a original CD and still noise but no banana. Am I wasting yours and my time here. Shall I just chuck it in the sea.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately it seems laser block problem in this player which isn't working properly to read the data on disc thus it gives no-disc message or doesn't playback the disc.
Replacement of laser block in this player would cost more than new player price so I would recommend a new player which would be available in less amount as compare to year 2011 player prices.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, I see . a techie friend of mine said that class a laser products like DVDs etc , I should buy a cheap DVD player with cheap components are better than paying say £189.00 (like my Panasonic) . maybe he was right, tho I doubt I'd get a cheap player with div x capabilities cheap anyway . ok , in the sea with it then !!. Anyway cockmockery aside shahid , thank you for your help, I suspected that was the problem . have a goodun .

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

I wish I had better news about this player, new DVD or Bluray players are available in less amount, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,

Shahid.