Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

Today we obtained a DMR-HWT130 HDD Recorder. We previously

Customer Question

Today we obtained a DMR-HWT130 HDD Recorder. We previously purchased a Panasonic VIERA HD T.V. and a Panasonic Blu-Ray disc player.

We now find that the remote control for either of the HDD Recorder or the Blu-Ray will switch all three units OFF or ON, all at the same time. When all three come on the Blu-Ray takes precedent, thus looking the system.
The only way to overcome this problem is to remove the Blu-Ray power plug from the house power supply.

Can you help please?

Bob.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. You can switch your remote codes on Panasonic players and recorders.

Go into your recorder's setup menu, and locate remote control. Select "2", then press OK. Your remote will no longer work, let's set your remote to match the main unit.

On the HDD remote, press and hold OK and 2 for more than 5 seconds. This will switch your remote to a separate set of codes, which now match your HDD recorder, and will operate independently of your Blu-ray.

If you still have trouble with your Blu-ray remote, please provide the model number of the player.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rusty,

Tried your instructions, which are very similar to those in the HDD instruction manual.

There is no change, so guess that we have a duff controller and will have to return to the supplier tomorrow.

Thanks for trying.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
I don't think the controller is the problem, the directions are sensitive. Were you able to make the menu setting on the HDD setup menu? This is not a malfunction, they all come from the factory set to "1". Changing your HDD remote to "2" will fix the problem, I see this weekly.

Once you make the setting in the setup menu, make sure you hold OK and 2 for at least 5 seconds. Hold it longer than 5 seconds, and it will switch to the alternate IR commands.