Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

DMR-EX83EB-K-250GB-Recorder - I have one set up but which,

DMR-EX83EB-K-250GB-Recorder - I have one set up but which, after sterling service, has given up the ghost. Can I just plug in the present scart lead or does any fancy set-up work need to be done? Also, does the present manufacture mimic the old, so that I can continue to burn discs? Finally, lots of complaints about ads in the prog guide being a nuisance and reducing workable space - is this feature still being included?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Yes, you can use the present Scart Leads, no problem with this.

You can continue to burn disks, this is no problem.

The ads are there, and they take up about a third of the page, they wont remove this, as it is generating additional revenue for them.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I assumed I could use the scart lead, but does the machine itself need setting up or can I just plug it in and go?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You plug it in, then when you turn it on it will run you through the setup to tune for channels (it auto tunes).

Once that is complete, your then good to go.

It is very straight forward and virtually all automatic.