Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

hi. also having problems playing great gatsby bluray on panasonic

Customer Question

hi. also having problems playing great gatsby bluray on panasonic sa btt775. have updated firmware but still nothing! this is the 2nd gatsby disc we've tried so presumably not the disc!
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for requesting me!

If updating the firmware did not help, then the DVD player may just need a cleaning.
When there is some dust on the lens, you may find that some discs may play ok whilst others do not.
You can run a cleaning disc in your bluray player a few times to help resolve this problem.
They are available from most electronics and computer stores, or online:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lens-Laser-Cleaner-Cleaning-Fluid/dp/B001NXK7DS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi
think thats unlikely as all other discs play fine but this is the 2nd great gatsby bluray thatw e have struggled with.. so i cant see that it would be just great gatsby dirt!
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jo,
It is a strange phenomenon, but the newer, faster bluray discs require greater accuracy, so the slightest bit of dust on the lens can upset them!
Give the cleaning disc a go and let me know if it works!

Pete.